EXPERIENCE/Encore VFX, Jul 2020 - Present, California, USA
Senior Look dev Artist, Shading, Texturing in Houdini, Renderman
DOUBLE NEGATIVE, Nov 2019 - Feb 2020, Los Angeles, USA
• Star Trek Picard (2020)
VANDERSTEIN LLC, October 2013 – Present, Los Angeles, USA
MAYA Generalist, Look dev, 3D Modeling, Texturing, Shading, Animation and Lighting.
yU+co, Buck, Framestore, CoSA VFX, Gentleman Scholar, Carbon VFX, BakedFX, Motomo, Troika, Eight VFX, Imaginary Forces, We Are Royale, Logan, Prologue, Brand New School, Duel.
DOUBLE NEGATIVE, Mar-June 2016, London ,United Kingdom
- Shot lighting using Clarisse renderer across different sequences.
- Assembling appropriate AOVS and render passes for compositing.
• Star Trek Beyond (2016)
PSYOP / MASS MARKET / BLACKLIST, Apr 2011-2013, New York, Los Angeles, USA
Lighting TD / 3D Generalist / Illustrator
- Lighter and generalist for high end commercials and movie trailers
- Use Maya and propretary lighting tools to match CG lighting to on-set lighting
- Assist and develop the look of a shot or sequences
- Work in partnership with compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the highest standard
- Help Supervisor to manage shots to the final delivery
- Trainning other artists and interns
- Clients including Dell, Lowe’s, Hyundai and IBM
GRAVITY, New York, June 2009- Jan 2011, New York, USA
Lighting TD / 3D Generalist / Character Designer
- Working on commercials, feature films, bids and web designs
- Working directly with CG Supervisors to set up shaders and textures
- Working with art Director for direction to setup props/sets and lighting within sequences
- Troubleshooting and solving technical issues when needed
Ringling College of Art + Design, Sarasota FL, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Computer Animation, Aug, 2005 - May, 2009
FuJen Catholic University, Hsinchung, Taipei County, Taiwan, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Applied Art, 1999 - June, 2003
RELATED EXPERIENCE/ Webpage Designer, HsinXun Technology, Taipei, Taiwan, Summer 2006
Assistant, Girls INC, Sarasota, Florida, 2005
Package Designer, Add On Technology, Taipei, Taiwan, 2004~2005
Exhibition Staff, Computex TAIPEI, Taipei, Taiwan, Summer 2004, 2005
SOFTWARE & SKILLS/ Proficient in Maya, Clarisse, Redshift, Mental Ray, Arnold (MtoA), Vray, Renderman, Nuke, Mari, Substance Painter, Zbrush, Mudbox, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Shake, Flash, Windows XP, Linux System
OTHER ABILITIES/ Optimize scenes, Digital Painting, Traditional Painting, Character Design, Piano, Speaks Mandarin, English and Japanese
AWARDS/ ”Deng Long”, official list of films for San Diego Asian Film Festival, 2009.
"Deng Long". Thesis project selected to represent Ringling in Siggraph 2009 and advertisements.
"Deng Long". Thesis project selected to be published in The Ringling 100.
“Playground Exhibition Honor Award”, presented in Core Pacific City Living Mall, Applied Art thesis show, FuJen Catholic University, Taiwan, 2003.